Butterscotch Oatmeal Blondies
These Butterscotch Oatmeal Blondies are one of my husband’s favorite treats. So much so, I have actually wrapped a batch and given it to him as a Christmas or anniversary present over the years. He likes to freeze and eat them very cold. The rest of us like them room temperature. We think this might be his strategy to have more for himself!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 11-ounce bag butterscotch morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the oats.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla until creamy.
- In two batches, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in butterscotch chips and optional nuts.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through. I cover the pan loosely with a piece of foil after about 17 minutes of baking to prevent the top from browning too much.
- Cool completely for easier cutting and enjoy!