To me, this dressing is the perfect summer vinaigrette. The taste is light and crisp and allows the flavor of summer-fresh fruits and vegetables to shine. Originally, I created this to compliment a salad with mint, feta, and blackberries although it is perfect whenever you want a hint of citrus with just enough sweetness and tang to make it interesting. Pairs well with fish, too.
As I type, I am thinking that a bit of fresh mint would add a nice dimension to this dressing…and I just happen to have plenty of that in my garden!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon or lime juice (I often use half and half)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of the pepper mill
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Whisk together all ingredients until well blended.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and shake well before serving.