Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing with Greek Yogurt
This recipe has been in my box for years, but I stopped making it because it was so laden with…well…fat. Recently, I decided to revamp the recipe and was thrilled with the result.
This creamy dressing is absolutely delicious with a fraction of the fat and calories of the original. Moreover, this salad topping is so flavorful, a light drizzle is all you need.
Use it over this Strawberry Salad, Summer Salad with Honey Lime Chicken (click on links for recipes), or other green salads including your favorite fruits. Because the dressing has a hint of sweetness, it will also balance the flavor of more bitter vegetables, such as radishes, arugula, and other bitter greens quite well.
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use Chobani 0% fat)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons tarragon or white wine vinegar
- Whisk all ingredients together
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator. Will keep for approximately a week.