Easy Yogurt Fruit Dip
A fruit tray is a delicious addition to any party menu as well as a healthy option that looks pretty and is typically a hit with kids and adults alike. Recently, I hosted an event and wanted a dip to serve alongside the fruit. I experimented with the following recipe and served it in a hollowed-out orange for a clever presentation.
So well enjoyed it was, I made another batch a few days later. For added interest, include a couple of tropical fruits like kiwi or mango on your platter. If you want to keep it really easy, choose two fruits whose colors create a vivid look. A while back, a friend of mine served a simple bowl of pineapple and kiwi. The shades of green and yellow made a striking combination that tasted delicious.
While I like the hint of tartness plain Greek yogurt provides, you may use your favorite fruit flavor, or even a vanilla or honey flavor. For added presentation, serve the dip in a hollowed out orange.
- 1 (6-ounce) cup Greek yogurt
- 6 ounces (or three-quarters of an 8-ounce container) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Optional: cinnamon or cinnamon sugar
- In a medium bowl, fold the whipped topping into the yogurt.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving but preferably overnight. Prior to serving, sprinkle a little cinnamon or cinnamon sugar on top.