Fountain Avenue Favorites
Ally, of Ally’s Kitchen, made my day–actually, my week–by bestowing this award on me. Ally first caught my attention through her witty, clever writing style. Her cooking style, which she calls “Bohemian Bold”, immediately appealed to me with it’s edgy spins on classic, wholesome cooking. Best of all, her recipes taste amazing. I know because I’ve cooked them! My personal favorite is her peasant bread which you really must try! So back to the award…I am truly humbled to receive such a compliment from someone I admire so much. To be included in a group whose blogs I so enjoy is equally rewarding. To keep it interesting, this comes with several requirements, one of which is to share 10 random things about me. I’ve been stewing on this all day!
A winner of this award must do the following:
1. Link back to the person who gave this award in a post.
2. Share ten (10) random facts about him or herself.
3. Pass the award onto six (6) other people.
4. Follow the blog of the person who gave this award.
Ten Random Ann Facts:
1. I currently live in the house next door to where I grew up.
2. My husband and I first met at a day camp when we were four years old, although we didn’t start dating until after we graduated from college.
3. We have two fabulous sons, ages 13 and 10, as well as a dog and four chickens.
4. Growing up, I spent eight fabulous summers at a girls camp in Maine. My husband and I visit the camp every year when we take our kids to a nearby boys camp.
5. I was an economics major with a Spanish minor in college and my first job after graduating was working for a bank.
6. I have done lots of volunteer work over the years including working on an ambulance with my EMT mom.
7. A long-time runner, I have run a marathon and competed in an Olympic-distance triathlon.
8. Other favorite hobbies include hiking with my family, yoga, and reading (mostly non-fiction).
9. I have never met an ice cream flavor I didn’t like.
10. I am allergic to bees and bi-valves (clams, oysters, etc.).
My six picks for this award!