Years ago, I ate my first “veggiewich” at a restaurant and I was hooked. Vegetables never tasted so delicious yet made such a hearty meal. My home version incorporates my Asiago Pesto Spread, although your favorite pesto would be perfect.
This time, I used leftover Balsamic Dijon Grilled Vegetables and fresh mozzarella cheese. Havarti with dill is another good choice. Using this 3-ingredient marinade for the vegetables is another favorite. By simply grilling some extra veggies one night, you can have a casual, quick, round-two dinner that is sure to please.
For details on how to grill the vegetables, click on the above link for Balsamic Dijon Grilled Vegetables….but don’t forget about the versatile 3-ingredient marinade. : )
- grilled vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, portobellos, asparagus, carrots. and onions (Leftovers are fine.)
- multi grain bread, or a hearty bread of choice (I like to use Ezekiel’s sprouted multigrain bread.)
- pesto, homemade or purchased
- olive oil
- mozzarella, havarti with dill, or another cheese of choice
- tomato slices, sprouts, spinach
- Brush one side of bread slices with olive oil. On the non-oiled side, spread the pesto, and then layer grilled veggies, tomato or other optional vegetables, and a thin layer of cheese to cover.
- Place another piece of bread on top, olive oil-side up, and grill in a panini press for about three minutes or on a stove-top skillet or grill pan until both sides are golden and the cheese is melted.