Sub-zero temperatures make hot drinks…and soup…taste especially good. I like my coffee black, but I also enjoy a creamy latte or cafe mocha. (Truth be told, I especially like one of these special drinks with a small handful of peanut M&Ms. For a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, I count out 10 or 12 so I don’t eat the whole bag, but I digress…)
Coffeehouse drinks cost a pretty penny, and a copycat version can truly be pulled off at home. While espresso more closely mimics the real deal, I use my favorite strong coffee for a pretty close stand in.
And for a little something extra sweet, I am including a photo of a new arrival at the bottom of this post. I don’t often include family photos, but every once in a while there is one that merits. This new addition makes me an aunt eight times over, and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup milk (non-fat, 2%, or soy according to preference)
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- Whipped cream, optional
- Add the Nutella to the hot coffee and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the coffee mixture and the milk into your favorite mug. Top with a squirt of whipped cream, if desired.
- One tablespoon of Nutella will make a latte that is not overly sweet. If you prefer a sweeter drink, you may add more or sweeten to taste.
And as mentioned above, the other something sweet….
Click on the photos for other Nutella recipes: Iced Nutella Latte, Nutella Pops, and Classic Cheesecake with a 2-Ingredient Chocolate Drizzle.