Quinoa Salad with Dried Cranberries and Pistachios
I always think I could have a lot of fun cooking in the kitchen with Amee from Amee’s Savory Dish. Her culinary style is appealing, approachable, and doable…not to mention delicious. I am so pleased to welcome the multi-talented Amee Livingston and her amazing quinoa salad to The Fountain Avenue Kitchen…
Amee is a southern girl, a stay-at-home mom of two, fitness enthusiast, obsessed foodie and soon-to-be published children’s author. Amee loves to write, create unique dishes and makeover her favorite recipes to adapt to a healthy lifestyle. Amee shares her passion for eating local and organic, supporting ethical farming practices, growing your own food and keeping recipes as clean as possible. However, there is room for the occasional splurge for holidays, special occasions and fun treats for kids. You can visit her blog Amee’s Savory Dish and find her on facebook here.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cups water plus 1 cup of broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer under cold water.
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water and stock to a boil. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and add all other ingredients. Toss to mix and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.
*Amee adapted her salad from Williams Sonoma recipes.