- 1 small white onion*, finely diced (~1 cup)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Sea or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2½ teaspoons (17g) honey
- 1½ tablespoons (23ml) rice vinegar** (the kind with no added sugar)
* White onions, which are widely available and have a papery skin, work well in raw applications. If you don’t have one, I recommend a sweet onion like a Vidalia. A red onion would likely work well in this salsa for use as a burger condiment.
** Rice vinegar is one of the mildest vinegars, and pairs well with the onions. For a bolder flavor, I’ve used apple cider vinegar. Any vinegar will work, the flavor will simply vary from one to the next.