- ¾ cup (12 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2½ cups (317g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (192g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: colored sprinkles or sanding sugar
Stir all the ingredients together until smooth. Add more milk (a teaspoon at a time) until a glaze consistency is achieved.
If you’d like a thicker glaze for icing or piping, you can add less liquid. This glaze will not dry hard like Royal Icing, but will set as it dries.
For a hint of brightness in the glaze, I sometimes replace ½ tablespoon or so of the milk with freshly squeezed lemon juice.