- 2 cups rolled oats (the kind that cook in 5 minutes; gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and well drained (use color of choice)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds (I used raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup raw nuts, chopped (I used cashews)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup natural organic peanut butter (or your nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter and the honey. (If the peanut butter is firm from being stored in the refrigerator, it is helpful to soften a little in the microwave or let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or so.) Place all of the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large bowl. Stir well, and then add the peanut butter mixture. Stir well again.
Add chocolate chips and mix one more time.
Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet, spreading it out into an even layer. Bake for 60 minutes, stirring after 40 minutes and again after 50 minutes.
Allow to completely cool. The granola will crisp up further as it cools. Store in an airtight container.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/