- 4-5 cups bite-size watermelon pieces
- 1 avocado, diced*
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, torn or roughly chopped
- 1/4 of a small red onion, peeled and slivered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt and a few grinds of the pepper mill
- 2 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled (½ cup)
- Optional for serving: baby arugula, baby spinach, or spring greens
Place the watermelon, avocado, mint, and red onion, in a large bowl. Drizzle/sprinkle the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper overtop, and gently stir to combine. Cover the bowl and let the salad marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. When ready to serve, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top
If desired, serve over greens of choice.
- *Ideally, the avocado should be ripe but not too soft.
- A grating of lime zest is a nice option. For extra crunch, toasted walnuts would pair well.
- This salad is best consumed the day it is prepared, as the watermelon and avocado soften as they sit overnight.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/