- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate (thawed but cold)
- 12 ounces tequila
- 6 ounces Sprite* (could use 7-Up or Sierra Mist)
- 6 ounces cold water
- 12 ounces beer (Corona Light or Bud Lime are good options, but use your favorite)
- Lots of ice
- 2 limes, sliced or cut into wedges
- Optional: kosher salt for rim of glasses
Pour the limeade, tequila, Sprite, water and beer into a large glass pitcher. Stir with a long-handled spoon.
If using salt, sprinkle it into a wide, shallow bowl, and then swipe around the rim of each serving glass with a lime wedge. Dip the glass in the salt to lightly coat the rim.
Fill the glass with ice before adding the margarita mixture. Garnish with a lime wedge. Leftovers freeze well and will become slushy-like. As such, they may be served as a frozen margarita.
- * The small amount of soda adds just a hint of sweetness. I have tried these with the whole (12-ounce) can of Sprite and no water but prefer the water-soda mix.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/