For each whole wheat pita
- 1 slice provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 paper-thin slice prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Steamed broccoli spears–about 1/3 cup–cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
pinch dried oregano, crushed in your fingers to release flavor
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Place pita on a baking sheet. Spread provolone over pita, then prosciutto and broccoli. Drop ricotta in globs about the size of a big blueberry all over pita. (Use two teaspoons or your fingers.) Sprinkle mozzarella, then oregano, salt and pepper over top. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Can use toaster oven. Simply adjust cooking time as necessary since all toasters may not cook consistently.
- If available, fresh ricotta is delicious.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/