(16-ounce) can refried beans
cup chunky salsa* (medium or hot according to preference)
- 1 (4–ounce) can green chilies
cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (could use sharp cheddar, taco, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon each chili powder and ground cumin
- Optional toppings: extra cheese, sliced black olives, green onions, jalapeños, chopped fresh cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, hot sauce, etc.
- For serving: tortilla chips or corn chips (like Scoops) and/or assorted veggie dippers
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. No need to grease the plate.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until very hot in the center.
If desired, sprinkle with a little extra cheese and return to the oven for a minute or two or until the cheese is fully melted. Remove from the oven and top as desired. Serve with corn or tortilla chips and/or veggie dippers.
- * If your salsa is watery, drain off the excess liquid and then measure 1 cup.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/