- 1 apple, diced or thinly sliced
- 1 pear, diced or thinly sliced
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped or slivered
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 head romaine lettuce, 5 ounces baby spinach or a mix of your favorite greens
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, grated (additional for garnish, if desired)
LEMON POPPYSEED DRESSING
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola or grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tightly fitting lid and whisk or shake well to emulsify.
In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients with the poppy seed dressing. Grate additional cheese over top, if desired.
Refrigerate unused portion of the salad dressing. This will be enough dressing for several salads.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/