- 1 pound hamburger, grass-fed if desired
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup panko or breadcrumbs (see notes)
- 1 small onion, minced or grated (1/2 a large onion)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley or basil
Mix all ingredients with hands.
Form into golfball-size meatballs.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- For a gluten-free option, crushed Rice Chex work beautifully.
- When making a big batch, I recommend mixing all of the ingredients except the beef first. This will ensure everything is well incorporated but help prevent over-working the meat.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/