- 1 cooked chicken breast half, sliced or cubed
- 1-1/2 to 2 lightly packed cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (may substitute rice, couscous, or orzo)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup hummus
- Optional add-ins: crumbled feta; pitted and chopped Kalamata olives; chopped avocado; minced red onion; chopped parsley; (Figure on a slightly rounded tablespoon of each add-in per serving, give or take based on personal preference.)
- Optional for serving: a sprinkle of smoked paprika; lemon wedges; and/or a side of pita bread or chips
Divide the ingredients equally between two bowls, give everything a good stir, and enjoy!
- When presentation matters, I like to layer the spinach first, and then make separate piles of quinoa and chicken. From there, I add the cucumbers and tomatoes, followed by a big spoonful of hummus in the center of the bowl. (Any sliced ingredients can be fanned out for a pretty look.) Finally, sprinkle with the optional add-ins and garnishes.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/