- 3 small to medium baking potatoes, halved lengthwise (longer, thinner potatoes work well)
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
and a few turns of the pepper mill
- Chives, optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Coat the bottom of a 9×9-baking dish with the olive oil, and then evenly distribute the grated Parmesan over the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. (See notes)
Place the potato halves, cut side down, on top of the cheese mixture and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Precise baking time will depend on the thickness of your potatoes.
Cool for five minutes before serving. Remove to a platter with a metal spatula, and garnish with snipped chives, if desired. Leftovers are equally delicious reheated in the oven.
- If you wish to make enough to fit in a 9×13 pan, you will not need to fully double the olive oil. You basically want to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer of oil, and then add enough Parmesan cheese to lightly cover the oil. After you have followed the recipe once or twice, you will be able to “eyeball” it.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/