- 16 ounces precooked polenta*
- 1 tablespoon (14ml) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt and a few turns of the pepper mill
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 2 tablespoons (10g) grated Parmesan cheese
* Look for a plastic-wrapped tube or log (much like a fatter version of prepared cookie dough) in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. Some stores have prepared polenta in the organic refrigerated section. Recently I did see it stored at room temperature, too. I have purchased 16-ounce packages and 24-ounce packages. If you find the larger size, you can prepare 1½ times the recipe (for example, 1½ tablespoon olive oil, 3 tablespoons Parmesan, etc.) for a total of 6 servings instead of 4.
If you have leftovers, cool and store in an airtight container. The crisp exterior of these croutons will fade. To “refresh” them, place the croutons in a 325℉ oven for about 10 minutes. They’ll taste as good as new.