- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons (28ml) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon EACH freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar*
- ¼ cup (20g) grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 425℉, and spray or grease a large, rimmed baking sheet.
In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to evenly coat. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer with the cut sides facing down.
Roast for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom and nearly tender. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan and balsamic. Toss to evenly coat, and then continue roasting for 5 minutes or until the sprouts are just tender and golden brown.
*I’ve used lemon juice in place of the balsamic with good results, although my family and I think the balsamic version is the winner. Also, I use a basic, grocery store balsamic. No need to use anything fancy!