A few more ways to vary the recipe:
• I’ve added the kernels from an ear of leftover corn on the cob (cooked) to the salad, and it is delicious.
• For the creamy richness it provides, I love the addition of avocado. If you don’t care for it or have one on hand, however, you may omit it. A scant cup of diced English cucumber (or seeded regular) or corn (or a mix) could be used in its place. I haven’t tried, but a similar amount of black or cannellini beans would likely be nice.
• For a little extra flavor, you may add 1 clove of minced garlic to the salsa/salad.
• When serving as a salad, try crumbling a few tortilla chips over the plated servings for an element of crunch. Or serve a few alongside.
• For a fun serving option, scoop the salad into hollowed-out, vine-ripened tomatoes.