- Chicken breasts (I prefer boneless, skin-on and pounded to an even thickness; see notes)
- Everything Sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 ½ tablespoons ancho chili powder (may substitute regular chile powder)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine the chile powder through cayenne pepper and store in an airtight container.
When ready to grill, liberally sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with the spice rub. I use about a teaspoon or so per breast half. Rub the mixture a bit so it really coats the chicken. Over high heat, grill the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until the breasts are golden brown and just cooked through.
Allow the chicken to rest for five minutes and serve with the sauce.
- While pounding is not critical, this will allow the chicken to cook more quickly and evenly. If you cannot find boneless, skin-on chicken breasts, feel free to use boneless, skinless.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/