- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cubed butternut squash
- 28 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 3 1/5 cups broth
- 2 cups local apple cider
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can corn kernels or 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 can beans or 2 cups beans
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper
- Pepper to taste
In a 6 quart pot, over medium heat, sauté the onion, pepper, and garlic in the olive oil for 5 minutes or until tender.
Add the ground turkey, thyme, oregano and worcestershire sauce and cook into crumbles, stirring the vegetables with the meat until browned, 8 minutes.
Stir in the butternut squash, tomatoes, broth, cider, tomato paste and rice and bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in the corn and beans, cover and simmer for a remaining 10 minutes.
Serve with a topping of fresh cheese, avocado, a dollop of non-fat greek yogurt or diced tomatoes.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/