- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1. Drain the tofu: Place the sliced tofu on 2-3 paper towels and top with a few more paper towels, then place a heavy skillet on top for about 10 minutes to press out the excess moisture. Toss with cornstarch, paprika, and cayenne.
2. Cook the tofu: Heat the oil in medium or large skillet over medium-high. Add the tofu and cook until golden brown (trying not to disturb for best sear), about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
*To enhance the flavor of the grain, you may wish to cook it in broth or add salt and pepper to taste.
**To make your own sriracha mayo: In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup (52g) mayo and 2 teaspoons (10g) sriracha. If that seems too spicy, add another spoonful of mayo–or add another drizzle of sriracha if it’s not spicy enough.