Raspberry Peach Coconut Smoothie
We sometimes enjoy smoothies for breakfast, although I more frequently make lunch out of them. For a meal on-the-go, the make-ahead recipes (see drinks and smoothies category) are particularly handy. My kids, on the other hand, often request a smoothie as an after-school snack. New flavors are developed based on the fruits they request — choosing from the current stash of frozen and fresh options — and the creativity I hope to impart on them!
This latest concoction is a new favorite here and deemed “website worthy” by my kids for the uniquely appealing flavor combination as well as the pretty color. I agreed and thought the pink hue was particularly fitting for Valentine’s Day. Happy Valentine’s Day to you…may your day be filled with love and a little something sweet!
In season, you may certainly use fresh fruit in this recipe. Frozen fruit adds extra thickness to a smoothie, while fresh fruit will tend to be juicier and sweeter.
- 1 slightly-rounded cup frozen, sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice (freshly-squeezed is extra delicious)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (I usually use light; could substitute milk of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons honey, or to taste (may substitute sweetener of choice)
- Dash cinnamon (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- Optional: extra raspberries for garnish
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth.
- Pour into two 8-ounce glasses or one 16-ounce cup (Mason jars work well, too), and garnish with a few extra raspberries, if desired.