Before I eat every last nut and forget all about them, I have one more snack recipe–a holdover from yesterday. My son helped me make these, which is probably why they taste so good: ) Truly a tasty bite, these almonds have a spicy flavor with a salty/sweet kick!
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- a dash or two of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds, with skins
In a large bowl, combine cumin, ginger, salt, oil, hot sauce, and honey. Add almonds and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet with sides and lined with parchment paper. Bake at 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until lightly glazed.
Cool in pan or on a wire rack. Store in an air-tight container.
- For a little extra punch of that salty/sweet flavor, sprinkle with a pinch or two of course sugar and kosher or sea salt upon removing from oven.