Grilled Balsamic Carrots with Rosemary and Thyme
Cooked carrots are not a food which elicit oohs and aahs from most people. When carrots are grilled or roasted, however, their flavor is enhanced and they don’t become mushy. They are really quite good!
I occasionally roast carrots in the winter and love to use my Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette as a marinade. Grilling is another great option which allows for speedy prep and clean-up. What’s more, I always seem to have a bag of carrots in my veggie drawer so it’s an easy, last-minute side and can grill along with whatever protein you may be having.
If your carrots are not especially large, you can grill them whole.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 rounded tablespoon minced fresh rosemary and/or thyme
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Toss carrots with the olive oil, vinegar, herbs, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill over medium heat about 15-20 minutes, turning a few times, or until the carrots are cooked to al dente. Exact time will depend on the thickness of the carrots.