And the winner is…. Sharon Ghee! Congratulations and please email me your mailing address and phone number within the next 48 hours so that you may receive your prize. Thank you to everyone who entered and stay tuned for another great giveaway very soon!
Whether you have leftover roasted turkey from the upcoming holiday or purchase your favorite deli variety, this Avocado Turkey Panini makes a satisfying casual dinner. These wholesome panini are perfect with a cup of soup, a green salad, or a handful of your favorite chips. While a panini press creates a delightful crunch and golden brown exterior, you can certainly use a skillet or grill pan if you don’t have a panini maker.
But wait!! Sargento Cheese has graciously offered a special giveaway to the readers of The Fountain Avenue Kitchen! Beginning today, you have a chance to win your very own Breville Panini Press & Grill from Williams-Sonoma. And that is not all! Sargento is also giving away $50 dollars in free coupons which may be used on any Sargento products.
Entering is easy! All you have to do is leave a comment below between now and Friday, November 29 at 5:00 PM EST. (That happens to be my birthday, so it will be fun to give a special gift on that day!) A winner will be selected at random and announced by 9 AM November 30. The winner must then reply to me within 48 hours with a complete mailing address and phone number so that you can receive your prize. The winner must be a United States resident, but I hope all of my international friends will try the recipe…I think you will enjoy!
- 4 slices country style or other hearty bread (ciabatta rolls work well, too; see notes)
- 1/4 pound leftover shredded turkey or chipped deli turkey
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 slices Sargento Ultra Thin or regular Provolone cheese (may substitute variety of choice)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced into thin strips (may use freshly roasted or marinated from jar)
- Preheat a panini press. (You may use a skillet or grill pan if you don't have a panini press.)
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado, mayonnaise, salt and pepper together until thoroughly mixed.
- Brush one side of each piece of bread with olive oil, and place with the olive oil side down.
- Top two of the bread slices with three pieces of the thin sliced cheese or two pieces of the regular, breaking as needed to evenly cover the bread.
- Place half of the sliced turkey, half of the spinach leaves, and half of the sliced pepper on top of each piece of cheese covered bread.
- Spread half of the avocado mixture on the two remaining slices of bread (on the side without the olive oil), and place on top of the turkey covered pieces.
- Carefully, place the sandwiches on the panini press, and cook until the bread is golden brown and crisp and the cheese has melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut in half and enjoy warm.
- The last time I made these, I used a rosemary peasant bread from the bakery that was sliced about 1/2--inch thick. A basic loaf of country bread or pumpernickel work well, too. For a gluten-free option, Udi's bread holds up quite well.
With a 25% larger cooking surface than our previous model, this family-friendly machine accommodates up to four sandwiches at once. The versatile appliance is perfect for quick weeknight meals and casual entertaining, doing double duty as an indoor grill and sandwich press.
- Top plate adjusts for a variety of sandwich thicknesses for less leaking fillings.
- Nonstick cast-aluminum plates ensure uniform browning.
- Variable heat controls include a special “high-sear” setting for a toasty finish.
- Variable angle grilling surface allows for fat to drip away from food or, if kept flat, ensures extra-juicy steaks and chops.
- Can be used to grill meats and vegetables for fillings, then toast the sandwiches to crisp golden perfection.
Simply leave a comment below…maybe mention your favorite variety of cheese!…and GOOD LUCK!