Recently, I took part in a giveaway with Cooking Planit and T-Fal. It was a a treat to be able to offer my readers a chance to win a significant prize. Plus, I was impressed not only by the product, but by the people behind the scenes. So when Cooking Planit asked me to help celebrate the “givers” in our lives and communities this holiday season, I didn’t have to think twice. Giving back to my community has always been an important part of my life, and I know there are a whole lot of people who are well deserving of the award being offered.
Do you know someone who gives to others without looking for recognition or reward? Tell us what makes this person special in a short, inspiring story. Five stories will be selected for a $250 reward, and the grand prize winner will win $1,000 for the charity of his/her choice.
5 Winners will be chosen from all the entries based on how inspiring their story is and how they empower others through their efforts.
In 300 words or less:
- Recognize an individual who is making the difference in the lives of others in your community
- Share how this person is donating his/her time, energy or love with a focus on helping others without necessarily thinking of him/herself.
- Give details on how your nominee is working to improve lives of others
You may enter on Facebook (http://bit.ly/thanks-‐fb) or on the Cooking Planit Giving Thanks (http://bit.ly/thanks-‐blog) page. See the entry page for all the contest details and rules.
- Stories submitted between October 18 and November 1, 2013
- November 18-21 — Winners announced, one per day via Cooking Planet Facebook page and blog
- Grand prize winner announced
Wouldn’t it be FABULOUS if a Fountain Avenue Kitchen reader submitted the winning story? Please take a few minutes to honor the deserving person in your life and help a worthy organization at the same time!
- Cooking Planit reserves the right not to post a story if it contains any inappropriate content, spam, specific contact information such as phone numbers, etc.