We are on vacation, visiting my parents in sunny California for the kids’ spring break. It’s a real treat. Even more of a treat is getting to spend time with my mom, and we have been having some fun in the kitchen. I don’t often think about lamb chops, but my mom suggested them as a fast but delicious grilling option. We kept the chops simple and let the grill caramelize the outside beautifully. While keeping it easy, we got a little creative with the salsa, using fresh, juicy ingredients and a handful of mint which pairs so perfectly with lamb. What resulted was delicious–light yet super-satisfying. I will be definitely be choosing lamb as an option more frequently. I’m also looking forward to pairing this salsa with pork tenderloin and white fish, too.
- Lamb chops--about 1-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, per lamb chop
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, per lamb chop
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, a pinch per chop or to taste
- Trim any excess fat from the lamb chops, then brush both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with the dried rosemary, salt, and pepper. Leave the lamb on the counter for half an hour before grilling so that it comes to room temperature.
- Grill over high heat for about four minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer reaches 155 degrees for medium. (Our lamb chops were over an inch thick so we grilled 5-6 minutes per side. This is one meat I prefer completely cooked through.)
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for five minutes before serving with the Pineapple Mint Salsa.