I really love leftovers…especially when they can be reinvented to make a fun, easy, and completely new dinner! This was a raving success and something I will definitely be repeating. While I used leftovers from my Roasted Veggie Meatloaf with Balsamic Glaze, any meatloaf will do!
- Crusty rolls (could also use a loaf of French bread cut to individual serving sizes)
- one slice meatloaf per roll
- 1/2 an onion to each 3-4 slices meatloaf, chopped
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni, baked for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice the top off each roll to make a lid, then hollow out the rolls. (The insides can be used for bread crumbs later, if desired.) Place on a baking sheet, and toast the rolls for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a lightly oiled skillet, saute the onion until starting to soften and brown a bit. Add meatloaf and crumble. Stir in enough pizza sauce to coat, then fill the rolls with the meat mixture.
- ￼Top with a little more sauce, a tablespoon or two of cheese, and a few pepperonis, if desired. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is heated through. Put lid on and enjoy!