A few months ago, I started experimenting with “crusts” made from pasta. I tried various binder combinations of eggs, cheese, milk, and olive oil until I hit on this version. We love it. The concept is fun, the taste is delicious, and the crust can be a base for all sorts of toppings.
While I typically use whole wheat spaghetti, I recently tried a corn and rice pasta for a gluten-free version. It is pictured above, and I would use it again in a heartbeat. No one knew the difference…and my gluten-free dad is going to love it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and cool slightly.
- Mix pasta, eggs, 1/2 cup mozzarella and cheddar cheese until cheese is evenly dispersed.
- Press pasta mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread the pesto, then the sauce, evenly over the pasta. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the top.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.