If you typically look away (as I do!) when you see a recipe with a long list of ingredients, stay with me on this one. Taking a few minutes to mix this list of spices will reward you with the most incredibly flavored grilled chicken. The best part? Once you have your jarful of spices, all you need to do is sprinkle on the chicken and grill. No marinating time needed and almost no effort!
To make the meal extra special, I like to add my “everything sauce”–so named because I seem to use it on, well, everything. Click here for the full recipe for the sauce and grilling instructions for the chicken. I always mix a double batch so I have plenty to last for quite a few meals.
- 2 ½ tablespoons ancho chili powder (or regular chile powder)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
When ready to use, sprinkle on chicken–about 1 teaspoon per breast half–prior to grilling.
Shared with Recipes for My Boys‘ Thursday’s Treasures.