When Chobani’s new apple-cinnamon yogurt came out a while back, I thought it would be tasty in a smoothie. This is a fun diversion from my typical go-to smoothie flavors, and I have a favorite way to turn it into a smoothie that really reminds me of fall: When I make baked apples, I blend a leftover half along with some of the juices into the smoothie. Sort of like a cool, creamy version of apple crisp!
I’m thinking I’ll add a tablespoon or two of almond or peanut butter for the next round!
- 3/4 -1 cup almond milk, depending on how thick you like your smoothie (or milk of choice)
- 1 container Chobani apple-cinnamon yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 ver ripe, frozen banana
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (or to taste)
- about 8 ice cubes
- whipped cream, optional
- Combine all ingredients except whipped cream in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses–or one big one–and garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.