Five ingredients and countless ways to enjoy. That’s this recipe in a nutshell. It’s like a little magic wand that can be waved to perk up plain chicken, fish, a simple baked potato, and so much more. And who couldn’t use a little dinnertime magic from time to time?
I first made this sublime sauce years ago as a dipping sauce for baked potato wedges and quickly found that it complements so much more. Consider it a go-to condiment for anything Tex-Mex. Use it as a dip for almost any vegetable and make it the “special sauce” for fish tacos.
Cool, creamy, with a hint of tang, this easy sauce is also delicious dolloped over my new recipe for Smoky Skillet Chicken.
Yield: 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup (104 grams) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lime juice plus the zest from 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, zest, and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.