Prepare this flavorful dressing ahead and you will have a delicious salad ready in a flash. Perfect as a dip or as a salsa over grilled steak or chicken, I also like using this dressing on Grilled Romaine and Prosciutto Salads. The use of Greek yogurt allows for a thick, delicious option to your favorite blue cheese dressing with less fat and calories…plus protein!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup (a 6-ounce cup) plain Greek yogurt (I use Chobani non-fat for this dressing)
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (or blue cheese of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (If I’m in a hurry I sometimes skip this)
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper (I use about a 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and a few turns of the pepper grinder, but use how much you like)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- Buttermilk for thinning to desired consistency (about 1-3 tablespoons)
- Tomato grapes, amount based on number being served (approximately 4 servings per pint)
- Chopped chives or parsley, for garnish
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, yogurt, Worcestershire, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the blue cheese and chives, then add a little buttermilk to reach your preferred consistency. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
When ready to serve, cut the amount of tomatoes you wish to use in halves or quarters.
Toss the tomatoes with the dressing to coat and sprinkle with additional herbs, if desired.
- It is a good idea to keep the dressing on the thick side as the juice from the tomatoes will thin it slightly. You can thin more for use as a dressing on tossed salads if you like.