A nasty, little virus knocked on our door a few days ago and my younger son was hit rather hard. After a couple days of not eating much, he requested a smoothie last night (as well as last week’s bread…couldn’t pull that one off in time!).
I had one more mango on hand–his favorite–so I used that as a starting point for a Vitamin C-packed treat. Usually, I add ice and a frozen banana to make our smoothies thick and creamy. This time, the velvety mango along with frozen peaches did the trick. It was thick, sweet, healthy, and extremely satisfying. (And it perked up the patient!) I will definitely make this one again.
- 1 peach, sliced or about 1 cup frozen slices
- 1 mango, peeled and diced or 1 heaping cup frozen chunks
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt (could substitute vanilla, honey, peach, or mango)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- dash or two of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey (see note)
Place all ingredients in blender, cover, and puree until smooth. Add a little extra orange juice if you prefer a thinner smoothie.
- I find when I use frozen fruit, it is not quite as sweet as fresh. Depending on what you are using and how sweet you like your smoothie, you can add the agave or honey to suit your taste.