- 2-pounds large, uncooked shrimp (may use frozen; thaw first)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons Cajun seasoning mix (I use a salt-free blend; McCormick’s also makes this)
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
Peel and devein shrimp leaving tails in tact.
In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together. Add shrimp to the bowl or put everything in a zipper-top bag and marinate in the refrigerator for a half an hour to two hours.
Drain marinade. Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium heat, 3 minutes per side, or just until pink.
Serve on skewers or remove to a serving dish. May serve hot or room temperature.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about a half an hour prior to threading the shrimp so they don’t burn on the grill.
- Sometimes, I use half the marinade recipe for a two-pound bag of shrimp and marinate on the longer end of the suggested time frame. It really is enough to coat the shrimp and stretches your ingredients a little further.
- If your spice blend contains salt, I recommend a low-sodium soy sauce.
- Serve with corn bread and edamame or steamed broccoli for an easy, delicious entree option.
the fountain avenue kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/