Chances are good that if you make guacamole for a crowd, the serving bowl will be scraped clean. But if you make it for your family, you may have some leftovers. This breakfast pizza is the reason I make guacamole without waiting for a party. Anyone remember those old commercials for Doublemint Gum? Well, in this case, leftovers definitely double the pleasure!
Breakfast pizza seemed like an appropriate name given the eggs, but I usually make these for a quick but super satisfying dinner. Truly, this pizza tastes great any time of day. I recommend my Classic Guacamole as the “sauce”, but your favorite store-bought variety can absolutely be used. In a pinch, just mash a ripe avocado with a squeeze of lime juice. With the egg and avocado combination, you can’t go wrong.
1 personal size pizza
- 1 pocketless pita, naan or small flatbread, toasted
- 1/2 cup [guacamole|http://fountainavenuekitchen.com/classic-guacamole/] (you can eyeball this*)
- 2 eggs, scrambled (or 1 fried egg)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: crumbled bacon, diced red pepper, diced tomato, salsa, chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, sliced scallions or snipped chives
- Spread the guacamole on the toasted pita and top with the cooked eggs and optional toppings of choice.
- *For a speedy option to the guacamole, mash 1/2 cup avocado with a teaspoon (or more to taste) of lime juice.
This recipe for Classic Guacamole is an easy crowd pleaser : )