The only thing to say about this chicken is that you really must try it! It is incredibly easy to prepare, will make your kitchen smell phenomenal, and will delight you with it’s amazing flavor. Without a doubt, this is a go-to weeknight recipe. I polled my family on a good name for this dish, and a mere mention of the key ingredients just didn’t seem to do it justice. It deserved more. “Wicked good” seemed to sum it up. Slice leftovers atop Apple Pecan Spring Greens with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette for a fabulous round-two dinner.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (could substitute honey)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- dried or fresh rosemary (optional)
- Mix Dijon, maple syrup, and vinegar together in a medium-size bowl. Place chicken in a 9x13 baking dish and pour mustard mixture over the top. Flip chicken so that it is fully coated with sauce. Then sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, as well as a little dried, crushed rosemary or minced, fresh rosemary, if desired.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes, depending on size of chicken breasts, or until chicken is just cooked through. Half way through cooking time, spoon some of the sauce from the baking dish over chicken. Allow chicken to rest for five minutes before serving.